List:       linux-backports
Subject:    Re: What distribution supports recent-enough spatch for backports project?
From:       Hauke Mehrtens <hauke () hauke-m ! de>
Date:       2015-02-15 20:17:51

On 02/14/2015 01:27 AM, Ben Greear wrote:
> It seems Fedora-21 has packages that are tool old, and I had very poor
> luck trying to build coccinelle, ocaml and all the other dependencies
> from source.
>
> So, if there is a distribution that just works, please let me know.
>
> My goal is to generate backports builds based on my own modified
> 3.17 and 3.19 kernels.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Hi Ben,

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 and it ships with coccinelle 1.0.0~rc21, Debian
testing also has a recent enough version and here [0] it says that
Fedora 22 will have a recent enough version. Isn't it possible to
install a library from a more recent fedora version on your fedora 21?

I do not know what features from 1.0.0~rc21 are used have you tried to
remove the check for that version any try it with version 1.0.0-rc20
which is in fedora 21?

Hauke

[0]: https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/coccinelle