List:       linux-audio-dev
Subject:    Re: [LAD] making sense of Jack MIDI; or, is this an appropriate use for Jack?
From:       Frank Kober <goemusic () yahoo ! fr>
Date:       2013-02-16 10:31:42

>________________________________
> De=A0: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@gmail.com>
>=C0=A0: M Donalies <ingeniousnebbish@cox.net> =

>Cc=A0: linux-audio-dev@lists.linuxaudio.org =

>Envoy=E9 le : Samedi 16 f=E9vrier 2013 11h02
>Objet=A0: Re: [LAD] making sense of Jack MIDI; or, is this an appropriate =
use for Jack?
> =

>On Friday 15 February 2013 18:41:11 M Donalies wrote:
>> I suppose I've been spoiled by the Qt documentation.
>=A0
>He and his followers don't profess great respect for Qt. The arrogance of =
youth, I guess. =

Frankly I don't understand why you guys always take the occasion of such th=
reads (that are purely technically motivated by someone asking for advice) =
to digg out your old disputes. Why can't you just accept that any concept t=
hat came up here has their pros and cons? I didn't see any dictator-like be=
havior in any of the previous arguments. If you don't like it noone obliges=
 you to use jack or Qt or ALSA ;) and it's good that way no?

Neither of the two MIDI APIs has evolved much in the last years, and I thin=
k that is the only thing to admit here

Best
Frank