List:       linux-audio-dev
Subject:    Re: [LAD] [LAU] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ? OP reply.
From:       Dave Phillips <dlphillips () woh ! rr ! com>
Date:       2013-02-10 14:43:05

Greetings,

I've spent this morning reading through the ~200 replies to the topic.
IMO the thread has devolved gracefully and I have the information I was
looking for.

I'll make a fuller reply after I get into my article, but it's clear
that the most pressing need is for more skilled developers. This is in
stark contrast to the scene in 2000 - at that time virtually every
member of LAU/LAD was a developer and/or technically involved user. Few
of us were "just musicians". Now it looks like the musicians outnumber
the devs, a not entirely unhappy situation, despite evident problems
rising from the imbalance.

A great "Thank you!" to everyone who replied. For the most part the
thread stayed on-topic, and I hope that your time was not wasted. I'll
notify the lists when the article is published and when it's publicly
readable (LWN subscribers get first look).

Best,

dp