List:       linux-audio-dev
Subject:    Re: [LAD] So what do you think sucks about Linux audio ?
From:       Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-02-09 13:41:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM, John Rigg <ladev3@jrigg.co.uk> wrote:

> I will stress that I'm talking about audio engineering tools, not music
> creation software here. I do appreciate that users of the latter have very
> different requirements.

I was reading your post, about to vocalize the counter-argument, but you're
right, they're two entirely different things.

I'd like to add to my list of "what don't we have", music creation
software. I mean, dumbed down controls: where every settings sounds *ok*,
and some sound amazing. No amplitude spikes just cause you adjust a control
to a non-integer multiple of the blah blah, and upon filing a bug report
recieving "you should know better than to do that".

Live musicians can't deal with the chance the software will do something
crazy.
More (LV2 instrument & effect) software with dumbed down controls :)
-Harry