List:       linux-atm
Subject:    Re: MAILING LIST IS MOVING
From:       DJ Art <djart () linux ! gr>
Date:       2001-01-31 22:45:14

Matti Aarnio wrote:

>   Yuck!  Kill those.
>   As I said, clueless M$ users won't see these anyway.
>   Only the cluefull people use programs which show these
>   headers every time, and are then forced to implement
>   ugly special processing rules at the MUAs.

Don't want to interfere with this (it's "your" list guys !! :) but I
have 2 points of view:

1) Who cares about the M$ users ?

2) I don't know about  _special processing rules_ but I know that in the
past there were many "unsubscribe" messages in the list ? What does that
mean ? It means that people don't pay attention to the
regulations/details/etc. So, one way to make them "obey" is to stick the
regulations/details/etc in every possible place (in every corner they
turn ;) The chances are that at least few people will notice them :)

As to the UNIX power users, they always use ugly special processing
rules at the MUAs for all the thousands of lists the are already
subscribed to. One more is not that bad ;-)

--
DJ Art (aka Kyritsis Athanasios) <djart@hellug.gr>
Studying Electrical & Computer Engineering @ UPatras