List:       linux-atm
Subject:    atmarpd and ilmid failed to start.
From:       Cuong Huynh <chuynh () cisco ! com>
Date:       2001-01-27 1:50:58

Hello,

I'm a new baby to ATM,  my PC's running Red Hat 6.0 kernel 2.2.5 and ATM
tool 0.59.
I'm using the Iphase 5575 PCI ATM adapter.  I have no problem loading
the driver
with the command 'insmod' and load atm software w/ 'ATM start'  But when
I tried to
start atmarpd daemon w/ 'atmarpd -b' or 'atmarpd -d' I got this message:

$ atmarpd -b
atmarpd:ARPD: Linux ATM ARP, version 0.59
atmarpd:IO: setsockopt SO_ATMQOS: Invalid argument
Fatal error - Terminating

And this one:
$ ilmid -b
ilmid:IO: setsockopt SO_ATMQOS: Invalid argument
Fatal error - Terminating

I assume it has to do w/ the setsockopt functions, but I don't have
enough knowlegde to play
w/ the codes.   Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Cuong

PS: This is my first time ever sending mail to a newsgroup =) Also if
anyone could give me pointers
to other useful related docs?