List:       linux-atm
Subject:    Possible bug /omission in IA 5575 driver
From:       Mike Westall <westall () cs ! clemson ! edu>
Date:       2000-12-27 19:14:05

Anne Atkinson has pointed out what appears to me to be a
couple of problems living in the 5575 driver:

1) In IaFrontEndIntr() at line 847 there is a line that
   says:
        else if (iadev->phy_type & FE_E3_PHY)
        {
   Her phy_type is 1 (SMF) not 9 (FE_E3_PHY) but because
   there is an & not an == the code "acts like" its an
   E3 with a 7345 instead of OC-3C SMF. Is this right???

2) She is also getting a stream of ints with the master
   interrupt status stuck on 0x8 (assuming OC-3 SMF suni)
   which would be an RACP intr (some sort of failure to sync)
   It would be nice to report this, turn off the board,
   and exit gracefully (instead of crashing the system ;-))

Mike