List:       linux-atm
Subject:    RE: Problem routing ATM Linux using Zebra
From:       "Joseph Gooch" <mrwizard () psu ! edu>
Date:       2000-10-28 7:28:24

You're using CLIP.  At the moment, CLIP ignores all traffic to broadcast or
multicast ips.  There's no support for multicast, as that would require MARS
which linux doesn't have :)  There's a hack in the arp code that makes the
neighbor table overflows appear (and also makes tcpdump not show the packets
were even sent).  I had a patch to take care of those messages at one point
but who knows where it went.  That and it didn't enable broadcast o
rmulticast, it just made it complain less, so it will do you no good. :)

> 2. If with (c) disabled (no ethernet connection) R1 or R2
> won't discover
> each other, is multicast not supported under ATM, but BUS
> should work right?
> And I keep getting "neighbor table overflow" message with
> occasionally "NET:
> x message suppressed".

BUS is part of LANE, LANE does support multicast/broadcast since it's the
ethernet layer on top of ATM.

> 3. I've try modifying clip.c patch by Mark Clayton
> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=95374410100001&w=2&r=1). But
> I couldn't
> find the correspondent 'read_lock_bh' and 'read_unlock_bh'
> functions in
> version 0.59, anyone could give a pointer??

No experience here, sorry.

> 4. LE-ARP is enable in the 3Com CoreBuilder 7000HD switch,
> but it doesn't
> seems to work. That's why i setup the ATMARP in the linux box
> R1. Anyonw has
> experience with 3Com CoreBuilder 7000HD??

LE-ARP is a LANE thing, it does not relate to CLIP.  ATMARP is something
different entirely, I dont believe the 7000 supports CLIP, or any 1483
connection for that matter.

Later!
Joseph Gooch