List:       linux-atm
Subject:    Re: Installing ATM bits for LINUX-6.2J
From:       jani () virtualro ! ic ! ro
Date:       2000-10-27 11:11:59

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Ishtiaq Ahmed wrote:

> Sorry for very basic question.
> I am newbie. I would install ATM bits on my Linux-6.2J i386 machine. I found
> the document USAGE with ATM on LINUX, release 0.78 and would like to follow
> the procedure for installation. The problem is that this document looks very
> old because I could not find a file mentioned in the USAGE. The file is
> named test3-pre4.bz2 under testing directory, there is no such file. Please,

test3-pre4 is short for linux-2.4.0-test3.pre4

> I ported another file named linux-2.4.0-test3.tar.gz  and tried to configure
> new kernel with applying the patch atm.patch . But  MPOA support failed and

first config/make/install a new 2.4 kernel (not avail in the RH62) and
then install the user space ATM in the 0.78 package.I suppose the kernel
version should be exactly the one the patches are against. (test3 pre4)
I can't say I successfully use ATM on Linux since I don't have any
ATM hardware but I could compile the kernel and the atm78 without
errors.It loads the  mpoa  module just fine.So if I don't count the lack
of hardware it works perfectly ;-).

Jani.