List:       linux-atm
Subject:    Re: slow lane
From:       Jean MArc LACROIX <j.m.lacroix () cstelecom ! cie-signaux ! fr>
Date:       2000-04-28 11:26:43

Mike Prudence wrote:

> Folks,
>
> At 18:50 27/04/00 GMT-3, Rafael Gustavo Gassner wrote:
> > I also have some serious problems with speed in lan emulation with a
> fore200e
> > kernel 2.3.99pre3 atm support .76.
>
> I just got around to getting the latest kernel and latest atm stuff
> yesterday, in a bid to stop the kernel panics we've been getting recently.
> Having compiled everything up and installed it, I saw this message and ran
> a quick test.  I don't have another ATM machine to test against as we're
> part of a larger network, but I did run an ftp test through the interface
> down our Internet link.  This came back with our normal 100KBps (ie, ~
> 800Kbps) to sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk, and this is obviously faster than 43Kbps.
>
> A little suggestion to try though - I had a problem with apache and
> 2.3.99pre5 which I finally tracked down to needing a line for shared memory
> in /etc/fstab. (yes - they made everything a file !).  This cured my apache
> problem, but I wonder if it might have some bearing on the LANE thing too ?
>
> Just a thought - but I can say for sure that we're getting much better than
> 43Kbps performance via LANE on our Fore PCA200E system, Redhat 6.1, Linux
> 2.3.99pre5 and atm 0.76.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike.
>
> mjp@filmsat59.com                                   http://www.filmsat59.com
> Films at 59 Ltd, 59 Cotham Hill, Bristol.  BS6 6JR ENGLAND  +44 117 906 4300

As i have many problem with the same card as you,( please look for my
message
yesterday ), i would like to view your /var/log/messages with a debug
level of
3 in the configuration process.
I have posted my config and my /var/log/message when i install the
module.

Thanks in advance.

--
Jean Marc Lacroix  CS Communication & Systemes  Tel  : +33 0141877165
4-16 Avenue du General Leclerc                  Fax  : +33 0141877489