List:       linux-atm
Subject:    AW: Error nicstar0: Error pushing TSR/TBD.
From:       "Wurbs, Peter" <Peter.Wurbs () bbcom-hh ! de>
Date:       2000-04-27 6:04:27

> With the kernel 2.3.48 and atm-0.70 I get these errors only once per
> month. And I get a throughput of around 5 MBit/sec, so I have ignored
> these errors silently.

I experienced, that "Error pushing TBD" relates to an overflow within driver
or card in transmit direction.
If you configure a peak cell rate for a TX connection too low and try to
send data with a higher bandwidth, then transmit buffer overflows.
I have been playing for a while with bandwidths and cell rate configuration
on transmit side and I never got the message, except if the sending
bandwidth is too high.
I use kernel 2.2.14 and nicstar driver 0.62-2.2.x.

Peter.