List:       linux-atm
Subject:    Re: OAM cells
From:       Ralf Eichelsdoerfer <ralf.eichelsdoerfer () ivmed ! med ! uni-erlangen ! de>
Date:       1999-01-26 12:41:10

I am currently working on a project which tests the usability and
feasability of OAM PM cells. There is no support for it in the ATM for
Linux package but if you are using AAL0 it is up to you what you make of
it. My version is somewhat paralized because my NIC (Fore PCA200E) does
not generate interrupts when receiving AAL0 cells....

Depending on your NIC F[123] OAM cells may be generated which then might
trigger F4 OAM events. This is the way it is intended in I.610 at
least.....

Ralf

Joao Miguel Neves wrote:

> Is it possible to send OAM cells with linux-atm ? Every doc I've seen
> looks like it can't be done yet. Can I use AAL0 for this ?
>
>                                                 Joao Miguel Neves

Ralf Eichelsdörfer, IVMed, Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg

SMTP: eichelsdoerfer@ivmed.med.uni-erlangen.de
 WWW: http://www.uni-erlangen.de/~ralf.eichelsdoerfer [/contact.html]