List:       linux-atm
Subject:    *BUG* eni155-p card onwards and downwards ..
From:       Dave Airlie <airlied () skynet ! csn ! ul ! ie>
Date:       1998-09-24 16:52:17

Right I'm still having those problems that no-one seems at all able to
either a) bother to reproduce or b) cannot reproduce ...

I've put Win95 with the ORCA 3.2 from Efficient on the machine and guess
what it works... well I can contact the switch and run data over a CIP
PVC, which I count as working .. ILMI doesn't function too well but that
is a switch bug and nothing to do with the card ..

**BUG Question**
So what is wrong with the DMA transfers on a receive under Linux??

I have tried everything from Linux 2.0.25+atm-0.31 to Linux
2.1.117+atm-0.43 ...all the same .. when I close my AAL5 reader I get
a message in the kernel saying RX left: 1+0 or something similiar and the
program hangs.. I know the driver is waiting for DMA interrupt but it
doesn't get this ...
*END OF BUG*

*OTHER INFO*

The only wierd thing that happens is the adapter fails it's self test on
the 2nd time I run it, but efficient say this has something to do with the
PCI chipset I am running with and as it works under 95 on the same box I
cannot blame it yet ...

Right will someone on the list say that at least it works for them or
something as I am pulling my hair out here and this list is where the help
is I was told .. and yesy I have read the driver source (I have done some
kernel hacking myself before) but I cannot see what might be happening ..

Dave.

------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie@ul.ie,airlied@skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied	-- Telecommunications Researcher      \