List:       linux-atm
Subject:    Re: Oops when running two atm server sockets
From:       Werner Almesberger <almesber>
Date:       1998-06-29 0:21:47

Jonathan Chan wrote:
> Sorry, it was my mistakes. I'm using atm-0.33 on a 2.1.65 kernel.

A few signaling bugs have been fixed since then, among them (in 0.34):

 - atm_async_release_vcc now has its own flag ATM_VF_CLOSE. Overloading
   ATM_VF_RELEASED caused hung SVCs under some conditions.

Also, if you're occasionally using LANE or ATMTCP, this may explain the
Oops in bind_vcc (in 0.38):

 - atmtcp and LANE didn't use bind_vcc when setting up control VCs

(... so they messed up VCC lists.)

If you're not using LANE or ATMTCP, it must be something else ...

Nobody has reported any build problems with 0.38 yet, so perhaps upgrading
to that version could help with some of the problems you're observing.

- Werner