List:       linux-atm
Subject:    Re: ATM on Linux: version 0.38
From:       bakre () ccrl ! sj ! nec ! com (Ajay Bakre)
Date:       1998-06-26 22:48:16

I didn't try to run 2.1.105 with SMP=1, but I did have a problem
with 2.1.103 which wouldn't boot when compiled with SMP=1. The
Makefile still says to comment it, so I thought it must be
safe to hide it even in 2.1.105.

I am seeing a possible problem with atmarpd. When I create
an interface (atm0) with atmarp -c and subsequently put an IP
address on it with ifconfig, the netmask reported by atmarpd
is different from what was actually set. It seems as if
it always assumes a mask of 255.0.0.0 whereas I was setting it
as 255.255.255.0 (this is still true with 0.38). When I kill
and restart atmarpd, it sees the correct mask on atm0. I am
not sure if it affects anything adversely though.

--Ajay