List:       linux-atm
Subject:    Starting ATM-Linux developing
From:       "Stefano Giacometti" <giacometti () coritel ! it>
Date:       1998-02-26 16:00:39

Hi ATM-ers, I've been following this list for a long time: now it's time for
me to put hands on code.

Our consortium is partecipating on a project about ABR congestion control in
a critical environment like the satellite one.

During the first phase we have specified the RCC control algorithm suitable
for this environment; now we have to set up a 3-PC demonstrator to show the
algorithm performance.

While our program and project managers would like to work on the commercial
Windows NT platform, I'm trying to push towards the Linux environment for a
number of reasons.

The only thing I'd like to know for sure from the main ATM-Linux developers
is if there's already some decisions to interrupt the project within the
ongoing 1998. I'm sure it's not the case, since I have understood the huge
and excellent amount of work behind the scenes: I'd just like to be sure
about it...

Thanks!

Stefano Giacometti

Stefano Giacometti
CoRiTeL - Consorzio di Ricerca sulle Telecomunicazioni

EMAIL : giacometti@coritel.it   URL     : http://www.coritel.it
TEL   : +39 6 20410028          ADDRESS : Via di Tor Vergata, 135
FAX   : +39 6 20410037                    00133 Roma - ITALY
ICQ   : 1051773