List:       linux-atm
Subject:    ForeRunner LE Driver 0.22
From:       Jawaid Bazyar <bazyar () hypermall ! com>
Date:       1997-11-20 5:51:11

Driver Notes for Version 0.22, November 18 1997

The driver has been tested pretty thoroughly with the 155 cards. There
are a few various problems which are not really problems. TCP performance
on the 155 cards is pretty atrocious, but I have some ideas for improving
the Rx buffer management that should avoid double-buffering and speed
things up somewhat.

I apparently corrected the memory fragmentation/leak problem. The driver
now allocates a block of size 9216 bytes - large enough to hold the
biggest possible IP packet with an MTU of 9180 bytes - instead of allocating
a buffer just large enough to hold the current packet. This driver has
now been running for several days on our DS3 installation with no
noticeable change in memory usage.

Corrected a bug where the stat_timer routine was getting the driver
data structure pointer from the phy_timer structure - which was
never initialized on the 155 cards.

As usual, the driver is available at:

http://frontpage.hypermall.com/linuxatm

--
 Jawaid Bazyar              |   Affordable WWW & Internet Solutions
 Interlink Advertising Svcs |   for Small Business