List:       linux-atm
Subject:    Re: Madge Nic driver ?
From:       Peter Corcoran <pcor () eek ! ucg ! ie>
Date:       1997-11-06 18:15:11

Hi Guys,

OK, we are the responsible parties developing the Madge stuff. There is a
Web page at "http://wuzuwz.ucg.ie/atm" but wait a couple of days before
downloading the driver ... it should be a lot healthier by then ... ;-)

The current status:

(i) we have had some problems with the basic TX routine which appears to
be some funnies in the card initialization: different behaviours on
different motherboards/BIOSes ... this should be solved shortly ...

(ii) The driver is pretty "Alpha" at the moment but should start to get
close to a Beta release over the next 3-4 weeks ... we'll target an early
December release ... in the meantime the "Alpha" code will be on the Web
pages, but it needs some cleaning up ...

(iii) In its present state the driver is not fully integrated into
Werner's stuff, but that should follow shortly ...

Finally, I'm not working directly on the code, so if you do have some
queries/problems mail to "cucos@wuzwuz.ucg.ie" or "dana@eek.ucg.ie".

Regards,
Peter Corcoran,
Dept. Electronic Engineering,