List:       linux-atm
Subject:    ATM on Linux: version 0.1
From:       Werner Almesberger <almesber () lrc ! epfl ! ch>
Date:       1995-07-28 15:51:13

It's been a long time, but now the next version of my ATM on Linux
package (for Linux 1.3.12) is ready. It's on

  lrcftp.epfl.ch:/pub/linux/atm/dist/atm-0.1.tar.gz

The main changes are lots of bug fixes, better handling of exceptions,
better handling of priorities, some code cleanup, more tools, etc. Note
that I've backed out the copy avoidance hacks in this release, because
skbuffs are undergoing some drastic changes these days.

There are still some good news about performance: TCP throughput has
almost doubled since version 0 on 1.2.5+net4. Also, IP over ATM now
interworks properly with the rest of the world (e.g. Fore SBA-200 in
SPARCs running Solaris 2.4).

For more details and related information, please have a look at
http://lrcwww.epfl.ch/linux-atm/

What isn't in yet, are:
 - signaling
 - ATMARP for IP over ATM
 - ZeitNet ZN1221 driver

I'll work on the first two items next. The ZN1221 driver is in a state
where it should be able to send and receive cells, but it doesn't for
some reason. I suspect that the PCI chips might be mis-configured, but
I don't have any useful PCI documentation ... so if somebody has an
idea of what I could try, please let me know.

- Werner