List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    dm9000 troubles
From:       Palo Revak <palo () bielyvlk ! sk>
Date:       2008-01-08 7:58:42

I using PXA270 board Colibri with patch from Daniel Mack and I have some
troubles with included ethernet card DM9000.

problem is in receiving packets, that some packets are ignored.
dhcp-bootp working, rootfs over nfs, ping, arp who-has is working too, ... but
if I make http server (from busybox) then I can't connect from host computer
to socket (Connection timed out)

I have no firewall on PXA and on host computer.

attempt to scan ports on PXA from host computer finish with:
# nmap 172.16.0.2
Starting Nmap 4.50 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2008-01-06 22:25 CET
Note: Host seems down. If it is really up, but blocking our ping probes,
try -PN
Nmap done: 1 IP address (0 hosts up) scanned in 2.127 seconds

If I look on packets, with tcpdump on host computer, there is no reply on
packets when trying connect from host to PXA, but on ARP who-has is reply.

If I make connection from PXA to host computer, the packets are received on
host, host send reply, but PXA this ignore.

I test this with older kernel (2.4.29, 2.6.12) (downloaded as BSP from module
maitainer) also with other patches (from
http://www.wartixconcept.be/colibri/) and I have the same result

is possible that problem is in driver ?
or I doing something wrong ?
how can I help to examine this problem ?

Thanks
Palo