List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Disabling a USB port
From:       Benjamin Sapp <bsapp () lanl ! gov>
Date:       2007-05-31 15:19:14

Hi,

Does any one know how to simply disable a USB port so it is completely
ignored?  Or maybe we could just never initialize it but I have not yet
figured out how to do that yet either.

We have a custom board with an i.MX21 processor.  The USB hardware is
almost identical to the MX21ADS board.  We've tested it and it work
fine.  The problem is that we are using the USBOTG port and not the USBH1
or USBH2 hardware ports.  In fact I put the touchscreen on the CSPI2 which
has lines multiplexed with the USBH2 hardware.  So, I have two modules
trying to mess with the same lines... as you can imagine it causes some
problems.  We are using the 2.4.20-celf kernel provided by metrowerks with
some minor modifications.

By the way the touchscreen works fine if there is no USB installed.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Ben.

Ben Sapp
Los Alamos National Laboratory