List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: s3c2410's LCDSADDR1, LCDSADDR2 and LCDSADDR3 for 2.6
From:       "Doug Brewer" <brewer.doug () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-02-24 13:27:08

On 2/24/06, Mårten Wikström wrote:
> > Framebuffer works fine, but I have a question about values
> > of LCDSADDR1, LCDSADDR2 and LCDSADDR3.
> >
> > In 2.4.18, those values are:
> > LCDSADDR1=0x19f80800
> > LCDSADDR2=0x1cb800
> > LCDSADDR3=0x280
> >
> > but in 2.6.15, those values are:
> > s3c2410fb: LCDSADDR1 = 0x18500000
> > s3c2410fb: LCDSADDR2 = 0x1854b000
> > s3c2410fb: LCDSADDR3 = 0x000001e0

[snip]

> LCDSADDR3 holds the page width in number of 16-bit words. So it seems that the \
> values for 2.4 indicates a screen resolution of 640x480 (assuming 16bpp) whereas \
> the values for 2.6 indicates 480x640.

Hi Marten,

Thanks for your clear explaination about my questions. You pointed it
out one thing,
I want to set a screen resolution is 640x480, but you said the value
of LCDSADDR3
for 2.6 indicates 480x640.
In 2.6.15, I defined LCD set on "static struct s3c2410fb_mach_info
smdk2410_lcdcfg __initdata" in arch/arm/mach-s3c2410/mach-smdk2410.c
as below:

	.width=		640,
	.height=	480,
	.xres=		{640,640,640},
	.yres=		{480,480,480},
	.bpp=		{16,16,16},

Doesn't it mean 640x480?

> > I'm wondering should I modify those values of 2.6.15 as the same
> > with 2.4.18? If so, why my framebuffer works with no problem?
>
> I haven't checked the code, but perhaps the values are set somewhere else?
>
> You could try changing LCDSADDR3 and see what happens. However, it's probably not a \
> good idea to change the location of the frame buffer.
> > Or are those values related to touch screen driver?
>
> No, the touch controller (or rather the ADC) is separate from the LCD controller. \
> (Without having seen the code, though, but I would be surprised if the touch screen \
> driver used registers of the LCD controller)

Okay, understood, thanks again ;-)

> Regards,
>
> Mårten Wikström

Regards,