List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: i.MX support in linux-2.6.13 ?
From:       Sascha Hauer <sascha () saschahauer ! de>
Date:       2005-08-30 8:24:45

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 05:31:44PM +0200, Steven Scholz wrote:
> Sascha Hauer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 03:39:52PM +0200, Steven Scholz wrote:
> >
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>I wonder what the state of the i.MX support is in linux 2.6.13.
> >>
> >>Till now I was using linux 2.6.12-rc3 + linux-2.6.12-imx1.diff from
> >>http://www.pengutronix.de/software/linux-i.MX/download/v2.6/
> >>
> >>Does anyone now if these patches are in the main line kernel now?
> >>Or will I still need special patches?
> >

> > The dm9000 driver and the framebuffer driver are part of 2.6.13. The
> > linux-2.6.12-imx1 patch also contains a patch which adds [sg]et_mctrl()
> > functions for the serial driver. The rest of these patches consists of
> > some board supports and the i2c and mmc driver.
>
> Do you plan to send these patches to Russell some day?

The I2C driver needs some cleanup and the mmc driver is not properly
working, so as long no customer who wants to have these drivers comes
around or somebody else does it, no. I want to merge the scb9328 patch
though as soon as I find time. I have just forwarded the serial driver
patch to the patch system.

Sascha