List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    kernel image too large?
From:       Wangfeng Ai <wangfeng.ai () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-06-29 13:14:45

hi, list

A strange problem came out to me when i use a 240x320 size image
as the framebuffer logo. While the system is booting, the logo displays
well. But the kernel Oops "unable to handle kernel NULL pointer" every
time that it calls __kmem_cache_alloc. The call stack indicates that
the kernel is trying to load the block device driver.

But after I get rid of some module(reduce the image size), the kernel
will finish the boot procedure.

I have no idea what had happened. I am doing this under linux-2.4.20,
arm9 based board.

Any recommend? Thank you.

--
Wangfeng Ai