List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: PXA255 keypad driver problem
From:       Bahadir Balban <bahadir.balban () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-05-23 16:21:52

> It would also be helpful if somebody can tell, how Xfbdev can be
> configured to make use of the /dev/input/event0 or rather make use of the
> keypad through linux input driver mechanism?
>
> Regards,
> --
> N Santhosh

Hi,

I'm not sure why you would need the terminal driver for the keypad,
but a simple solution to your above question
is to use the existing keyboard handler for your keypad device. Simply
enable EV_KEY in your_input_dev->evbit and other keyboard keys in
your_input_dev->keybit. Then, input_register_device(&your_input_dev).
The kbd handler should match with your driver, and your device will
appear in /proc/bus/input/devices with kbd as its handler. From that
point on, as long as your keypad generates the right key events via
input_report_key(), you should see output just as from a general
keyboard. You do more or less the same for other handlers (e.g. mouse)
if you need other input device functionality.

Bahadir