List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Alignment trap handler: ai_usermode uninitialised
From:       t.fromm () DResearch ! de
Date:       2005-04-28 7:06:14

Hello *.*,

While tracking down segfaults caused by unaligned reads in dietlibc's
name resolver functions I noticed that the user mode alignment in
arch/arm/mm/alignment.c is uninitialised (but seems to default to '0').

Wouldn't it be nice to have an option in the kernel config wich would set
the default user space behaviour? I'm just asking because I spent several
days debugging dietlibc and finally resolved the issue by echoing "2" to
/proc/cpu/alignment...

Regards,
Thilo Fromm

/* Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thilo Fromm, MSc., Hardware & Software
  * DResearch Digital Media Systems GmbH
  * Otto-Schmirgal-Str. 3, 10319 Berlin, Germany
  * Tel: +49 (30) 515932-228  mailto:t.fromm@dresearch.de
  * Fax: +49 (30) 515932-299      http://www.dresearch.de */