List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    "Rules of the Road" Needed for CRAMFS Root
From:       "Craig A. Vanderborgh" <craigv () voxware ! com>
Date:       2005-02-28 18:11:12

Hello Everyone:

This may not be the ideal forum to ask this question, so please do steer
me somewhere else if necessary...

We're interested in using CRAMFS for the root filesystem on our embedded
device.  Operationally, I think I understand how to do it.  But I am
concerned about the fact that CRAMFS lacks current (.) and parent (..)
directory information.  Does this mean that symbolic links that refer to
"../foo" will not work?  If so, do people who are using CRAMFS have to
construct their root filesystem in such a way that no "../" references
are made?

Any other CRAMFS tips/gotchas would also be appreciated as we embark on
this effort.

Thanks in advance,
craig vanderborgh
voxware incorporated