List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: setup_arm_irq ( ) fails returning -EBUSY
From:       Russell King - ARM Linux <linux () arm ! linux ! org ! uk>
Date:       2004-12-27 10:32:11

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 06:25:47AM +0000, ashwin wrote:
> Ideally I think either device close function or the
> cleanup module should have freed all the resources
> which were being used earlier

If a module is not cleaning up after having been removed, it is
buggy.  There's nothing that the generic kernel can do about that.
It's purely the responsibility of the module.

No module should be using setup_arm_irq() anyway.  The only two
interrupt allocation interfaces which should be used are
request_irq() and free_irq().

In short, fix the module.