List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: race condition in do_IRQ
From:       Marius Groeger <mgroeger () sysgo ! com>
Date:       2004-05-06 15:23:33

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

> > why not put a comment in the code to that effect?
>
> Because then you're documenting how the code works, which is against the
> coding style.  The code tells you how it works (if people read it) so
> its redundant.

You are actually serious about that, right?

I stand amazed witnessing your vast knowledge of the ARM Linux kernel,
but have you ever tried to understand some tricky piece of code in any
non-ARM Linux tree? It might increase your appreciation of comments ;-)

My apologies in advance in case you were joking and I didn't get it...

Baffled Regards,
Marius

--
Marius Groeger <mgroeger@sysgo.com>           Project Manager
SYSGO AG                      Embedded and Real-Time Software