List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    XIP?
From:       Mark Beckwith <mark () intrig ! com>
Date:       2004-04-19 17:22:14

Hi guys, I just got informed from my client that:

"XIP is CRITICAL to this project.  If this won't work, we need to know it
ASAP and will need to re-evaluate our approach.  Resolving the issues with
XIP needs to be your top priority, above trying to reduce code size or
working on additional drivers."

The target platform has 2M of flash and 2M of Ram.  From what I've read so
far about XIP on arm, its a lot of work and its not going to save me anyway
(its not a silver bullet).  So, do I have a prayer?  Any thoughts would be
appreciated.

I guess on a related matter how do I tell exactly the memory requirements
of the kernel?

Thanks,

Mark

--