List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: On TLB flushing
From:       Wouter van Heyst <wouter () vidicode ! nl>
Date:       2004-04-19 9:32:01

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 12:45:16PM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:

<snip>

> This is a perfect example where you can have a long standing bug which
> goes unnoticed until the community picks up the kernel and starts using
> it in anger on their projects.

It's also an example of how two people can approach a problem that goes
over my head, and make it that much more understandable. I still don't
know how exactly one debugs this, but thanks for the informative thread.

> So those who whinge "I can't use 2.6 because it isn't stable yet" take
> note - a kernel can _only_ become stable if it gets _used_.  You can't
> rely on one person to suddenly produce a stable kernel one day; it just
> doesn't work like that.

To me at least the point is clear, now for being able to do something
about it.

Wouter van Heyst
Vidicode Datacommunicatie BV