List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: AT91RM9200 with Linux kernel 2.6?
From:       David Brownell <david-b () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2003-10-31 16:20:48

> ...  The current reason to convert [to 2.6] is to
> get what we think will be more mature USB Gadget API support, but we
> eventually want to move to 2.6 anyway.

I'm not sure I'd call the 2.6 gadget support "more mature".
But if you want to move to 2.6 sooner, more power to you!

The 2.4 support is quite comparable right now; the same
drivers, mostly tested to the same level.  (Except maybe
gadgetfs.)  The folk doing products with it (that I've
heard from) are using 2.4 kernels.  The UDC drivers didn't
need many changes (sysfs, dma), I'd not expect AT91RM9200
to be very different.  The story might be different for
the gadget drivers you'd be using/writing though.

- Dave

p.s. http://www.linux-usb.org/gadget/ for more info.