List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: GPL/copyright stuff/show me the source
From:       Matthias Welwarsky <mwelwarsky () web ! de>
Date:       2003-06-10 6:22:45

On Tuesday 10 June 2003 00:55, Charles Manning wrote:
> My understanding is that under copyright law only the copyright holder can
> pursue an infringement. The FSF does not own any copyright to any part of
> Linux, therefore they can make a noise but they can't act (prosecute).

And another question is: what makes you a copyright holder in a GPL project?
Is mere contribution enough to entitle you to legal actions? Do you have to
be the initiator? Many projects are out there, where many people work
together. Do they all own the copyright for the whole, or only for their
contribution to the project? It'd be quite difficult to fiddle out the
details.

regards,
	matthias