List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Neomagic/Linkup Pre-release patch from kaw
From:       "Keith Williams" <espian () insightbb ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 15:35:03

Hello,

I had posted a couple of weeks ago regarding the status of my 7205 2.4 port.
I will have available mid-week a patch that will allow the user to bring up
a simple kernel on the board.  It is rather limited to this point, but
additional drivers/support will be added soon.  This patch does include
ethernet support for the CS8900 on the SDB.  The patch will go against
2.4.18-rmk7.

Some of the implementations are still pretty ugly.  A lot of what has been
done to this point is to re-integrate the L7200 portions that were
previously dropped as well as integrate 2.2 work that had been done for the
chip.  Until these items are cleaned up I do not plan on releasing this into
the arm-linux patch system.  This  pre-patch is being released only to help
some of the other poor souls that have been stranded by Linkups/Neomagics
lack of Linux support.

Other support that will be coming on line shortly in the planned work order:

DMA support
framebuffer
AC-97 codec
MMC (from driver in arm-linux patch system)
keyboard
flash fs support
serial re-write
PCMCIA
USB function
USB host
mono LCD support

Please contact me directly and I'll email you the patch as soon as it's
available.

If you have completed any work on the development areas listed above, please
contact me so that we're not re-inventing something that's already been
done.

If you have a dire need to juggle the work order for the peripheral support,
please contact me -- I may be able to work with you.

Thanks,

Keith