List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    2.5.30-rmk1 crash executing a binary
From:       Ian Molton <spyro () f2s ! com>
Date:       2002-09-23 22:44:50

Hi.

Since having split the ARM26 code off in 2.5.30-rmk1 I have gotten it to
compile an even run the kernel.

however I have a problem in that when I try to execve a task, it
freezes.

I have tracked the problem to not having a valid context in
load_elf_binary().

The offending code appears to be here...

printk("load_elf_binary: p  %08x\n", current);
printk("load_elf_binary: p  %08x\n", current->mm);
        /* OK, This is the point of no return */
        current->mm->start_data = 0;

The first printk succeeds, but the second one stiffs the machine. I can
only assume that 'current->mm' is completely knackered.

what SHOULD current->mm be at this point?

current points to 023500c0 which seems valid enough and in kernel
space...