List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Audio enabling in 7X12 based board
From:       "James Miles" <liquidl () email ! com>
Date:       2002-07-29 20:01:13

Hi,
  Can someone explain what options I need to enable in the kernel to be able
 to play mp3s on a 7212/7312 based boards?  Currently, I get "NO audio device
found!" and, sure enough, /dev/audio is empty.  I have enabled sound in the
 kernel but do not know which driver to pick.  I understand that these cpus
have hardware codecs for mp3 decoding.  The software tries to use this
capability but Linux (2.4.18rmk6) is blissfully unaware of any such device.
Any info would be appreciated.

Regards,

JM

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Get 4 DVDs for $.49 cents! plus shipping & processing. Click to join.