List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: A400 'lockup'
From:       Ian Molton <spyro () armlinux ! org>
Date:       2002-01-29 22:27:15

Would I be right in thinking that the scheduler will leave one task on the
CPU if it has work to do, unless another task needs to do work?

if so, does kupdated run about once every 5 seconds ?

I put a printk in schedule() to show the name of the task 'next' just
before 'switch_to()' gets called, and I get

test_001
5 second pause
kupdated
undetectably short pause
test_001
5 second pause

ad infinitum.

pressing a key on the keyboard causes keventd to show up also.

I've seen ksoftirqd_CPU0 once also.

I'm guessing this suggest s a bug in the program itself, but I really dont
think

int main(void){
 int i;

 for(i = 0 ; i < 200 ; i++)
  printf("%d\n", i);

 while(1);

}

can have all that many bugs, especially considering it /CAN/ run up to
about 70 odd iterations on occasion.

so, assuming the scheduler is OK, where should I look next?