List:       linux-arm-kernel
Subject:    Re: cs89x0 as module
From:       Erik Mouw <J.A.K.Mouw () its ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2001-12-29 22:19:39

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 03:18:44PM +0100, Jeroen Roose wrote:
> We have a board, very similar to the cdb89712, unfortunatly without eeprom
> for configuring the cs89x0. To feed the cs89x0 it's configuration we need
> to compile it as a module.
> If we do a 'modprobe cs89x0 io=0xfe000300 irq=7 media=rj45' it can't find
> the card.
> When we compile it in the kernel a 'cat /proc/ioports' shows the
> io-mapping of the cs89x0 on 0xfe000000. When we compile it as a module we
> don't see this io-mapping.
> When is the io-mapped, in kernel boot-time ? or when loading the module ?
> Please point me in the right direction...

The cs89x0 driver is known broken. You might want to try the version
Wookey made working for the LART and use that as a starting point:

  http://www.aleph1.co.uk/armlinux/LART/resources.html

Erik

--
J.A.K. (Erik) Mouw, Information and Communication Theory Group, Faculty
of Information Technology and Systems, Delft University of Technology,