List:       linux-arm
Subject:    Re: Hello. I have a question about dev. tool target name.
From:       xavier debreuil <xde () inventel ! fr>
Date:       2000-03-10 8:25:51

Philip Blundell wrote:

> >Why would you absolutely need big endian?  ARM processors are able to do
> >both and current Linux kernels expects little endian.
>
> There is some hardware out there that is big-endian only.  A lot of the
> Samsung products seem to prefer big endian operation for example.
>
> p.

> ++        Please use linux-arm-kernel@lists.arm.linux.org.uk for           ++
> ++                        kernel-related discussions.                      ++

Yes, I am working on the KS17C4000 from Samsung and I need to produce a big
endian code since Samsung's microcontroller are big endian. I do not know for
the moment if the kernel is able to run on this very processor but I looking at
it. Moreover, since it is a mmuless microcontroller, this will be also treated
in the uclinux-arm mailing list.
But I also want to know if this problem can be solved or it will be a hard work
to do with it ?

Thank you very much.