List:       linux-arm
Subject:    Re: write to parallel flash on cs0 from linux
From:       Jeff Sutherland <jeffs () fairwayacademy ! org>
Date:       2006-10-19 20:31:23

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 11:26, Aydin Arrigo wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm working on an atmel at91rm9200ek and linux 2.4.27.
>

> I would like to up-date the ramdisk on the flalsh AT49BV6416 from my
> application which is running on linux.
>
> Basically I need to know how to erase, write and read to the parallel flash
> mapped on CS0 of the main bus.
>

> Which is the best way to do this?

/dev/mtd is your friend, even in this creaking old kernel.  There are standard
userland tools available for reading/erasing/writing to flash,
jffs/jffs2/cramfs/yaffs for creating filesystems in flash.

-Jeff
--
Secure your email with Gnu Privacy Guard and Thunderbird, the open source
cross platform solution for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.