List:       linux-arm
Subject:    Re: Can't find libXext when ./configure
From:       "Paul Chitescu" <Paul.Chitescu () IMC-Group ! org>
Date:       2004-08-10 13:11:47

Cross-compiling is a difficult process for many programs. The autoconf tool
(and/or the guys writing macros for it) is not quite smart in picking the
proper directories and unless you're very careful you'll end up with a
horrible mixture of include and library paths for the host and the target
system.

Konq/E was designed for cross-compilation but you still need to provide lots
of parameters on the configure's command line. Please check the web site, it
explains what you have to do. Get your hands on the xconfigure script which
should set most of the variables properly.

By the way, are you really trying to build Konq/E for Qt/X11? Usually people
with ARM platforms build it for Qt/Embedded.

Useful links:
http://www.konqueror.org/embedded/
http://users.pcnet.ro/pchitescu/konq-e/xconfigure
(you'll have to edit the prefix=, arch= and eventually target= lines to your
needs)

Paul Chitescu