List:       linux-arm
Subject:    Re: how to mount root FS directly from flash w/o ramdisk?
From:       "Paul Chitescu" <Paul.Chitescu () IMC-Group ! org>
Date:       2004-06-02 8:48:21

Apparently the root filesystem mounts correctly. Are you sure you have a
/sbin/init and it's marked executable? Is it static or at least all
libraries it uses are available and properly configured and cached in
/etc/ld.so.conf, /etc/ld.so.cache ?

I use a busybox (0.60.1) compiled and statically linked with uclibc - it's
only 400K in size with almost all components.

You will also need a properly populated /dev - either by mknode or using
devfs. Else you'll see the "Unable to open an initial console" message.

Paul