List:       linux-arm
Subject:    Re: ELF File format generation Problem
From:       Erik Mouw <erik () bitwizard ! nl>
Date:       2004-05-27 13:29:47

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 04:39:42PM +0530, Amit.Srivastava@infineon.com wrote:
>      I want to build an uncompressed kernel image for my platform. I
> have done the ARM specific as well as Platform specific changes and also
> able to compile the Linux Kernel. But when I see the Image of the linux
> kernel by command file executable it says " data file" where as I expect
> it to be in the ELF format. I took a small sample program and compiled
> it using the asr-linux-gcc it compiles and generates the output in the
> ELF format. I don't know what to do for Linux image(I mean why is it not
> generating image in uncompressed format). Anyone who knows the answer?

You start a new thread over here ...

... but this completely unrelated message is included over here ...

... and it even has the links to the list FAQ and Etiquette included.
Please read that FAQ before you post, especially
http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/armlinux/mletiquette.php#e2 .

Erik
linux-arm-owner #2

--