List:       linux-arm
Subject:    ramdisks for linux 2.6
From:       Marwan Younis <malsaie () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-04-22 21:42:00

hello,

I am trying to port linux 2.6 to Xscale IXP425
development platform.

I tried to user snapgear 3.0 and I was not able to
generate an image and root file system correctly.

Can you kindly tell me what distribution of linux did
you use? what did you have to setup? What are the step
to ensure a safe and a reliable port to IXP425.

I was able to port linux 2.4 and ramdisk succesfully
but Iam not able to do the same for linux 2.6. I
believe a somewhat correct enviroment to compile linux
2.4 so linunx 2.6 shouldn't be an issues? right?

Again, any assistance or help is greatly apprectiated.

thank you.

Cheers,
Younis