List:       linux-arm
Subject:    Re: How to specify lib and header path when cross compile
From:       "Paul Chitescu" <Paul.Chitescu () IMC-Group ! org>
Date:       2004-02-06 9:13:20

"" <philippe.vivarelli@mindspeed.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for this reply.
> It almost work for me.
>
> Regarding the --host option I read on the net the --build specify the host
> where the build is perfomed and --host to which device is built for.
> In my case if I use --host=arm-linux it works.
>
> I still have an issue in my build.
> I can't specify several path to libraries. I need to link with libgdbm (in
> /home/debian_stable/usr/lib)
> I tried:
> LDFLAGS="-L/bla/lib -L/bla/usr/lib" or LDFLAGS="-L/bla/lib /bla/usr/lib"
> But the configure script fails.
>
> Does someone know the rigth syntax to include several paths.
>
> Thanks a lot.

Do yourself a favor and pick one of the cross-configure scripts available on
the 'net.

You can pick the ones I use; about 50% of the packages can be built using
these (the others are the ones that are not cross-compile ready anyway)

http://users.pcnet.ro/pchitescu/konq-e/xconfigure
http://users.pcnet.ro/pchitescu/konq-e/xmake

You should edit the path, architecture and cpu specific lines at the
beginning to match your needs. Place them in a handy place in your $PATH
like /usr/local/bin or ~/bin and make sure they're chmod +x

Then you have to:

xconfigure --other-package-specific-options (if configuring in the source
dir)
  or
xconfigure /path/to/package/configure --other-package-specific-options (if
using a separate build directory)

xmake

xmake install

--