List:       linux-arm
Subject:    Re: problems on edb9312
From:       Wouter van Heyst <wouter () vidicode ! nl>
Date:       2004-01-20 13:32:21

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 11:53:34PM -0800, Xin Xing wrote:
> Hi,

Hello Xin Xing,

> I just got one edp9312 board of cirrus logic. I
> downloaded demo Redboot, ramdisk and Linux kernel
> binary files. The boot process work well. (The Linux
> kernel size is not 0x140000 but larger. otherwise, the
> kernel won't work.) while, I still have 3 problems:
>
> 1. The ps/2 keyboard does not response. (I checked the
> jumper, but i did not find jp105 for j15, the keyboard
> connector.)

To enable the ps/2 keyboard, you need to cap the four jumpers jp106,
jp107, jp108, and jp109. That's the group most closely located to the
keyboard connector.

> 2. The virtual consoles do not work.

Are you using the ramdisk supplied by Cirrus? That should have the
devices in /dev you need, if you're using your own that is what I can
think of.

Of course, it could be something entirely different, but 'do not work'
is not very descriptive.

> 3. I don't know how to start graphical application.

The Cirrus ramdisk comes with nano-X, see the demos in /usr/nanox

Hth,

Wouter van Heyst
Vidicode Datacommunicatie BV