List:       linux-announce
Subject:    Linux-Announce Digest #819
From:       Digestifier <Linux-Announce-Request () senator-bedfellow ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2000-07-12 13:13:03

Linux-Announce Digest #819, Volume #3            Wed, 12 Jul 00 13:13:03 EDT

Contents:
  COMMERCIAL: Hot-Swap capabilities under Linux (Amir Inbar)
  Workspace.pm 1.24, a Persistent OO Desktop Utility (Robert Kiesling)
  SHAREWARE: txt2pdf 3.6 (SANFACE Software)
  xpppload, an ADSL-PPPoE monitor for Linux (Mario Klebsch)
  LinuxPPC User Group (=?iso-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9s?= Wagner)

From: amir@jungo.com (Amir Inbar)
Subject: COMMERCIAL: Hot-Swap capabilities under Linux
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:52:25 GMT

------------------------------

From: Robert Kiesling <rkiesling@mainmatter.com>
Subject: Workspace.pm 1.24, a Persistent OO Desktop Utility
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:04:58 GMT

------------------------------

From: Lance Dakin <ldakin@Radix.Net>
Subject: LOCAL: Washington DC July 15 User Group Meeting
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:01:51 GMT

------------------------------

From: SANFACE Software <sanface@sanface.com>
Subject: SHAREWARE: txt2pdf 3.6
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:55:25 GMT

txt2pdf is a very flexible and powerful PERL5 program
(5 penguins at LinuxBerg, 5 cows at TuCows Mac and BeOS).
It's a converter from text files to PDF format files.
Why do you need txt2pdf?
Most of your documents are text files
Usually, your reports from legacy applications, DBs, ERP applications,
datawarehouse are textual
txt2pdf is a PERL5 script, so you can use it in every operating systems
supported by PERL5 (View the list of
OS tested) txt2pdf is a native converter, you don't need to pass through
PostScript format
txt2pdf is specific for text to PDF conversion, so
you can mark yellow, red, green, blue or bold, italic, bolditalic (with
PERL regular expression) words in the
produced PDF files
you can produce a 2-columns PDFyou can add page number in every page you
can add text at the beginning
and at the end of every file
you can add a border to every page
every word like http://... ftp://... mailto:... https://...
file:... ldap:... news:...  will become an URL
you can create a link to a specific page within a PDF document
http://...pdfdocument#pdfmark
every word like mime:... will become a link that
launch the correct application and opens the file
you can use a few parse commands (e.g.[!blue]...[!/blue])
you can use background and foreground layers
txt2pdf supports STDIN and STDOUT
the fee for every licence is $55
SANFACE Software is going to give you a free licence for every good idea
or for every good modify

txt2pdf is shareware
The txt2pdf source code is our company core business.
We trust you.
You can test text2pdf and modify it.
You can't use a modify version of txt2pdf for production purpose. You
can't resell txt2pdf or a modify version of
it without SANFACE Software authorization.
You can't copy part of it to include in your source without SANFACE
Software authorization.

What's new in this version

withextension feature to don't change the file default extension with
..pdf (simply txt2pdf will create new PDFs appending .pdf to the
original name)
Lotus Notes note by Charles Daniel
MPEiX note about spoolfiles by Mark Bixby
HP-UX executable version

Test txt2pdf 3.6!
You can find it at http://www.sanface.com

- --
SANFACE Software
Your technology glasses. We help you see your full potential.
http://www.sanface.com
mailto:sanface@sanface.com
WAP http://www.sanface.com/wap/index.wml

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

- --
http://www.iki.fi/mjr/cola-public-key.asc has PGP key for validating signature.
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce@news.ornl.gov
This group is archived at http://www.iki.fi/mjr/linux/cola.html

------------------------------

From: mario@klebsch.de (Mario Klebsch)
Subject: xpppload, an ADSL-PPPoE monitor for Linux
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:07:06 GMT

------------------------------

From: "Alex DeLarge" <alexdelarge@spammeanddie.btinternet.com>
Subject: LOCAL: Bristol 2600 now a LUG meet
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:00:58 GMT

------------------------------

From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9s?= Wagner <awagner@chilesat.net>
Subject: LinuxPPC User Group
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:05:57 GMT

** FOR YOUR REFERENCE **

    Internet: Linux-Announce-Request@NEWS-DIGESTS.MIT.EDU

You can submit announcements to be moderated via:

    Internet: linux-announce@NEWS.ORNL.GOV

    ftp.funet.fi				pub/Linux
    tsx-11.mit.edu				pub/linux
    sunsite.unc.edu				pub/Linux