List:       linux-announce
Subject:    Linux-Announce Digest #763
From:       Digestifier <Linux-Announce-Request () senator-bedfellow ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2000-04-08 15:07:49

Linux-Announce Digest #763, Volume #3             Sat, 8 Apr 00 09:13:17 EDT

Contents:
  approx 0.1.0 -- an approximation utility for shell (Przemek Borys)
  COMMERCIAL: LinkScan 7.1 includes LinkScan ServerPro & Enhancements (Ken Churilla)
  GNU java2html 1.5 - generate html with syntax highlighting from Java (Lorenzo Bettini)
  COMMERCIAL: Red Hat 6.2 is now Available! ("LinuxMall.com Information")
  COMMERCIAL: CodeBase client/server (Sequiter Software, Inc.)
  WWW: Linux Gazette #52 (April 2000) (Linux Gazette)
  Laptop-HOWTO v2.5 (Werner Heuser)
  COMMERCIAL: Great book for beginning to intermediate user of FreeBSD, Linux, or Unix. ("John")
  xtrs 4.0, a TRS-80 emulator for Unix and X (Tim Mann)
  MP3 Files -> Audio CD ("David C. Snyder")
  XFce 3.3.3 released (Olivier Fourdan)

From: Daniel Tasch <taschda@dmapub.dma.org>
Subject: LOCAL: Dayton OH UNIX/Linux meeting, 1st thursday
Date: Sat,  8 Apr 2000 11:46:54 GMT

------------------------------

From: Przemek Borys <pborys@dione.ids.pl>
Subject: approx 0.1.0 -- an approximation utility for shell
Date: Sat,  8 Apr 2000 11:50:06 GMT

------------------------------

From: Ken Churilla <ken@elsop.com>
Subject: COMMERCIAL: LinkScan 7.1 includes LinkScan ServerPro & Enhancements
Date: Sat,  8 Apr 2000 11:52:10 GMT

------------------------------

From: Lorenzo Bettini <bettini@gdn.dsi.unifi.it>
Subject: GNU java2html 1.5 - generate html with syntax highlighting from Java
Date: Sat,  8 Apr 2000 11:49:45 GMT

java2html 1.5

by Lorenzo Bettini

This is a simple program that, given a source java file, produces an
html source with syntax highlighting.

http://www.gnu.org/software/java2html/java2html.html

Java2html is a GNU program, so you can download it also from GNU's ftp
site:

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/java2html/

NEWS
Version 1.5

* fixed the bug of darkgreen option (which wasn't recognized)
  (thanx to Chris Mason <cjmaso@essex.ac.uk>)
* now --tab option is documented (I had forgotten it)
  (thanx again Chris)
* --enable-warnings added to configure (to enable -Wall option for
develop.)
* docs are installed in (prefix)/share/doc/java2html (in previous
version
  the docs were not installed in the correct dir if no prefix was
specified).

Please send java2html bug reports to bug-java2html@gnu.org

all the best
        Lorenzo

- --
|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD student in Computer Science                    |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        : http://w3.newnet.it/bettini     |
|           http://infostud.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini     |
|  Mail Home        : lorenzo.bettini@penteres.it     |
|  Mail University  : bettini@dsi.unifi.it            |
|  http://www.mokabyte.it       Java on line journal  |
|  http://rap.dsi.unifi.it/xklaim    XKlaim language  |

http://www.iki.fi/mjr/cola-public-key.asc has PGP key for validating signature.
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce@news.ornl.gov
This group is archived at http://www.iki.fi/mjr/linux/cola.html

------------------------------

From: "LinuxMall.com Information" <info@LinuxMall.com>
Subject: COMMERCIAL: Red Hat 6.2 is now Available!
Date: Sat,  8 Apr 2000 11:51:17 GMT

             LinuxMall.com Announcement:
            Red Hat 6.2 is now Available!      Date: 3/31/2000

 Red Hat 6.2 is now available at LinuxMall.com!

 Red Hat 6.2 features an improved graphical installation, easy online
 upgrades, and improved X configuration and an advanced partitionless
 installation.

 Choose between the Red Hat 6.2 Standard Edition or the Deluxe Edition. The
 Standard Edition features Red Hat on 2 CDs, the Installation Guide, 90
 days Web- or fax-based installation support and the documentation CD. The
 Deluxe Edition comes with everything in the Standard package, plus 30 days
 telephone support for installation, the "Getting Started" guide,
 PowerTools applications and bonus Workstation applications.

 Of Course, Red Hat comes with all the utilities and software you'd expect
 from a world-class Linux operating system.

 Red Hat 6.2 Standard at LinuxMall.com: http://www.linuxmall.com/shop/02051

 Red Hat 6.2 Deluxe at LinuxMall.com:http://www.linuxmall.com/shop/02052

         ---> Following are some links that may interest you: <---
   Penguin Power Playing Cards:http://www.linuxmall.com/shop/01840
   Linux for 99 Cents!         http://www.LinuxMall.com/shop/promo/2000CD
   TurboLinux Workstation:     http://www.linuxmall.com/shop/01831
   Practical KDE:              http://www.LinuxMall.com/shop/01846

 must be requested and confirmed for you to be subscribed to our mailing
 lists.

- --

From: farinella@CHARLESF.ne.mediaone.netDEST (Charles Farinella)
Subject: LOCAL: New Hampshire LBS
Date: Sat,  8 Apr 2000 11:52:41 GMT

The Greater New Hampshire Linux Users Group (GNHLUG) will present the
Linux Business Show Saturday, April 29th, 9am to 4pm, at New Hampshire
Community Technical College, Pease International Trade Center, Portsmouth,
New Hampshire.

The Linux Business Show is an exposition designed to bring together
resources useful to business professionals interested in the Linux
movement. It will include presentations and demonstrations by national and
local companies that support Linux, as well as opportunities for newcomers
to try out Linux for themselves.

The event is sponsored by GNHLUG and the NH Community Technical College,
with major corporate sponsorship from the Lotus Corp., and associate
sponsorship from IBM, VALinux, Hitchcock Staffing, Taos, Inc., and the
E-Coast Technical Roundtable. Vendors include both hardware and software
companies such as Red Hat, Caldera, SuSE, Mandrake, Digi International,
and Alpha Processors, Inc., plus many others.

The keynote speaker is Mike Prince from Burlington Coat Factory, with
other presentations by Josh Freeman of Andovernet and Peter Rathbone of
Virtual Airlines.

Linux(tm) is the open-source software system developed across the Internet
by volunteers that's revolutionizing the computer industry. The Greater
New Hampshire Linux Users Group (GNHLUG) and its chapters throughout New
Hampshire offers local Linux users a forum to share information and
experiences helpful to each other. (Linux is a trademark of Linus
Torvalds).

Guest pre-registration, the event agenda and directions are available on
the GNHLUG website: http://www.gnhlug.org/lbs. For vendor participation,
please contact Jerry Kubeck at:
jkubeck@AppropriateSolutions.com or call 603-924-6079

- --
Charles Farinella
farinella@ne.mediaone.net

- --

From: info@sequiter.com (Sequiter Software, Inc.)
Subject: COMMERCIAL: CodeBase client/server
Date: Sat,  8 Apr 2000 11:51:39 GMT

------------------------------

From: Linux Gazette <lg@ssc.com>
Subject: WWW: Linux Gazette #52 (April 2000)
Date: Sat,  8 Apr 2000 11:52:58 GMT

"Linux Gazette...Making Linux just a little more fun!"

Linux Gazette is a freely available, WWW e-zine that includes short articles
giving tips and tricks, ideas and suggestions for customizing and running
Linux. It is a member of the Linux Documentation Project.

Linux Gazette issue #52, April 2000, is out and can be found at:
  http://www.linuxgazette.com/

For download purposes, individual issues of LG are available at:
  ftp://ftp.ssc.com/pub/lg/

A list of mirror sites can be found at:
  http://www.linuxgazette.com/mirrors.html

While we do not mail issues of LG to our readers--it's just too big--we do
have an announcement service. Write lg-announce-request@ssc.com with the
word subscribe in the body, and each month you will receive an e-mail notice
when we post Linux Gazette.

Topics in this issue include:

     * The MailBag
          + Help Wanted & Article Ideas
          + General Mail
     * News Bytes
          + Distro News
          + News in General
          + Software Announcements
     * The Answer Guy, by James T. Dennis
     * More 2-Cent Tips
     * Microsoft flip-flop, by Mark Bolzern
     * HelpDex, by Shane Collinge
     * A Fantastic Interview with Wine's Man Alexandre Julliard, by
       Fernando Ribeiro Corrêa and Luis Strano
     * Linux Site O' The Month: Glade, by Sean Lamb
     * "Cannot execute /bin/bash: Permission denied" - solved!, by Ben
       Okopnik
     * Introduction to Shell Scripting--The Basics, by Ben Okopnik
     * Linux Gazette art, by Mike Orr
     * Exploring parsing and virtual machines with Python, by Pramode C E
     * The Back Page
          + About This Month's Authors
          + Not Linux

Read all about it in Linux Gazette.

Michael Orr
Editor, Linux Gazette
- --
  ______________________ _________________________________________
   Mike Orr, webmaster  |   Editor of the _Linux Gazette_
     gazette@ssc.com    |   SSC, Inc.  Publishers of Linux Journal
  ---------------------- -----------------------------------------

- --

From: Werner Heuser <wehe@snafu.de>
Subject: Laptop-HOWTO v2.5
Date: Sat,  8 Apr 2000 13:32:46 GMT

------------------------------

From: "John" <jadapturSPAMNOT@hotmail.com>
Subject: COMMERCIAL: Great book for beginning to intermediate user of FreeBSD, Linux, or Unix.
Date: Sat,  8 Apr 2000 13:28:18 GMT

------------------------------

From: mann@pa.dec.com (Tim Mann)
Subject: xtrs 4.0, a TRS-80 emulator for Unix and X
Date: Sat,  8 Apr 2000 13:31:49 GMT

------------------------------

From: "David C. Snyder" <dsnyder@mindspring.com>
Subject: MP3 Files -> Audio CD
Date: Sat,  8 Apr 2000 13:36:17 GMT

------------------------------

From: Olivier Fourdan <fourdan@xfce.org>
Subject: XFce 3.3.3 released
Date: Sat,  8 Apr 2000 13:38:34 GMT

** FOR YOUR REFERENCE **

    Internet: Linux-Announce-Request@NEWS-DIGESTS.MIT.EDU

You can submit announcements to be moderated via:

    Internet: linux-announce@NEWS.ORNL.GOV

    ftp.funet.fi				pub/Linux
    tsx-11.mit.edu				pub/linux
    sunsite.unc.edu				pub/Linux