List:       linux-alpha
Subject:    Installation problem on Alpha 200 4/166
From:       "Alain G. Fabry" <fabry () panam ! edu>
Date:       1999-03-11 17:03:37

I'm trying to install linux for the first time. The problem I have is the
following.

Booting from MILO diskette brings me to the MILO prompt > great
Booting the linux kernel start the unzipping of the kernel > great

Problem is that it brings me to the screen where it mentions
its......turning on virtual addressing and jumping to the linux kernel

Then it gets stuck. I believe the problem lies in the fact I'm doing this
installation from a serial terminal and not from a monitor connected with a
videocard.
Is this the problem, and if so, how can I install linux on this Alpha system
through a serial terminal.
Thanks,

Alain