List:       linux-aio
Subject:    Re: libredhat-kernel.so.1 needed ???
From:       Benjamin LaHaise <bcrl () redhat ! com>
Date:       2002-05-12 20:59:20

On Sun, May 12, 2002 at 05:23:39PM +0200, Oliver Kowalke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> because I've had problems compiling kernel 2.4.18 with the newest patch I've
> installed kernel 2.5.15 (async io should be in). I tried to compile aiopipe.c
> example from POSIX.4 (Gallmeister). It seams libaio.so depends from
> libredhat-kernel.so.1 :

First off, 2.5.15 does not contain aio.  Secondly, libaio isn't providing
POSIX AIO, instead that feature comes from the glibc patches which converts
the calls into the native api (which is what libaio provides).

> Why is libredhat-kernel.so.1 needed? I'm using Debian (woody) and don't want
> to install RedHat stuff (kernels).
> Please help.

libredhat-kernel is the means by which dynamic syscalls are implemented
and is provided by the patched kernel.

		-ben
--
"You will be reincarnated as a toad; and you will be much happier."